Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Daily Thoughts and Prayers

*August Sixteenth*

God has given us life that we may express joyousness of heart.

My soul is happy with an inexpressible joy since I saw His smiling face turned toward me. I can never forget that radiant smile; wherever I go it haunts me by day and it haunts me by night. When in grim despair of life, it brightens my path with hope and love.

No man can attain his goal without practising the higher principals of life. No man can be truly happy who is selfish. What possible use is outer light if there is darkness inside? Happiness is a quality of the soul. It enters the soul which has tasted God-consciousness. God is ever cheerful. Life is given us to work out our freedom and lasting happiness.

O Thou Giver of all joy, may I not be unworthy of Thy gifts,But may I radiate happiness and cheer in every hour of my daily life.Help me to realize that when I am sad, it is because I am separated from Thee. All my sadness and sorrow will vanish when I seek Thee with open heart.

No comments: